IPRs in Paraguay for EU SMEs
This module aims to give an overview about the current situation in which concerns to Intellectual Property Rights and Innovation as well as to provide information about the main IPRs in Paraguay:
- Industrial Designs
- Geographical Indications and Appellations of Origin
The trainees will learn:
- What are the main statistics on IP and Innovation in Paraguay
- What IPR- related International Treaties have been ratified by Paraguay
- What is the current status and practices of Intellectual Property Law in Paraguay
- Patents: definition, types of patents, non-protectable inventions, duration, costs and registration.
- Industrial Designs: definition, types of designs, duration, costs and registration
-Trademarks: definition, types, signs subject to registration, duration, costs and registration.
- Copyright: definition, duration, costs and registration. Software specificities.
- GI and AOs: definition, duration, costs and requirements for registration.
- What mechanisms do IPR holders have to enforce their rights in Paraguay
-Related links and additional information