IPRs in Mercosur and Chile: an overview
This module aims to give an overview about the main economic figures in each Mercosur Country (+Chile) with special reference to the most innovative/IP intensive sectors, as well as some information related to EU- Mercosur countries trade.
The module also includes a snapshot of the main IP related treaties that have and have not been ratified by Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay and Venezuela and their main consequences.
Finally, comparative tables with main IPRs and some highlighted differences with Europe are included (per country/IPR).
- Appellation of Origin/ Geographical Indications
The trainees will learn:
- What are the main statistics on IP and Innovation in Mercosur Countries
- What IPR- related International Treaties have been ratified by Mercosur Countries
- What is the current status of Intellectual Property Law in Mercosur Countries and what are the competent institutions to deal with each IPR.
- General information about each IPR (Object, duration, application cost, requirements)
- Countries’ specificities per each IPR taking into account the main differences/similarities with European Legal framework.